Services and Policies at the Habberstad House
Services — We're here to serve you and make your stay relaxing and memorable.
- We have a Guest Safety plan in place at the Habberstad House - please review the Guest Safety book, located in each guest room. This will provide an action plan for weather, fire, water or medical emergencies, should they occur during your stay with us.
- We offer full concierge service and will gladly assist you with dinner, theatre and entertainment reservations and arrangements to make your stay with us delightful. We provide our guests with a $5.00 discount on all regular adult Commonweal Theatre tickets, passing on to our this "perk" that we have as Core Million Dollar Club Members with the Commonweal Theatre Company. You must not pick up or pay for your tickets until you have a special voucher in hand, however.
- Limited space is available for refrigeration of foods upon request. The Amish Suite and the Carriage House have refrigerators.
- Complimentary wine, beer, soda, tea, and coffee (also lemonade and iced tea in season) are offered to our guests at check-in. On Fridays from May through October a complimentary wine and cheese reception is offered to our guests during our 4-6 PM check-in time. We have menus for the various restaurant choices available to review and discuss, as well as information on activities like theatre, Amish Tours, shopping, cave tours, biking and river activities.
- Parking is available on the Habberstad House side of the street, in front of the house – the rear of the house is not available for guest parking, with the exception of Carriage House guests. We work hard to be considerate of our neighbors, so we thank you in advance for parking on our side of the street.
- The Habberstad House does not discriminate based on race, gender, age, religion or sexual preference; however there are no facilities for the handicapped. All rooms require use of the stairs.
- The Habberstad House requests that guests respect the privacy of other guests and the owners. Please respect any area labeled as "Private".
- The Habberstad House entrance is the front door, which should be locked by guests as they come and go. A key is provided to guests and should be retained at all times for use on the front door. This will protect the privacy and possessions of our home and guests. Please return the key upon check-out.
- Indoor bike storage in our Carriage House center garage stall is available upon request. This is located directly below the Carriage House guest room, so we ask that other guests opening or closing the Carriage House garage door not do so before 8:30 AM or after 10:00 PM, out of consideration of the guests above.
- Room rentals include a full, hearty breakfast, served in the dining room at 8:30 AM. If there is room at the dining room table, Carriage House guests will be invited to join the rest of the guests for a full breakfast at 8:30 AM. If there is no room at the main table, Carriage House guests will have a slightly modified, hot breakfast served privately to them on the outside patio (weather permitting) or brought to the room each morning at 9:00 AM. Nancy and Dave love to cook, and the Habberstad House takes pride in serving a full breakfast, in our dining room in the morning.
- A typical breakfast consists of our Habberstad House Blend of fresh-ground coffee, teas, fresh juices, fresh fruit, a baked item (such as crepes, cranberry cake with warm sweetened butter sauce, warm muffins, pies and cakes), and a main course that may include a Dutch apple pannekoeken with bacon, or caramelized strawberry rhubarb French toast served with scrambled eggs and sausage, or potato quiche served with baked ham and grilled French bread, or a Belgian waffle served with fresh fruit and sausage links, or our home-made banana bread French toast with cheese-scrambled eggs and ham, or Eggs Benedict served with our own recipe of American fried potatoes. You will not leave the table hungry!
- As of April, 2012, we no longer provide the option of a private breakfast to guests in the Scandinavian Room.
- We strive to use the freshest locally grown and organic ingredients whenever possible. Our certified organic, free range, “happy” chicken eggs are delivered to us by the local Fendry family’s Summerhill Farms.
- We make every effort to meet the special dietary needs of our guests. If you have special dietary needs or preferences, for example, lactose or gluten intolerance, please let us know in advance so that we can have foods on hand.
- A limited amount of ice is available for your in-room use, your cocktails, or water bottles. If a large amount of ice is required for coolers, we recommend the BP Gas Station on the corner of Sheridan Street (Hwy. 16) and Parkway Avenue (3 blocks away).
- We pride ourselves on providing a clean, uncluttered environment for our guests. We do not allow pet guests and there is no burning of candles,burning of incense or smoking allowed inside the house or Carriage House. We do not spray the house with aerosol fresheners nor do we use plug-in scent fresheners or potpourri. However, we do not provide an environment that is ideal for guests with environmental illness/sensitivities. We have down comforters and pillows in some of our rooms. If you have allergies to down comforters or down/feather pillows, please let us know at the time of making your reservation, or as soon as possible afterwards, so that we can provide you with feather free bedding. Feel free to bring your own "favorite" pillow(s), but be sure to take them home with you when you check out!
Lost and Found - please note that any lost and found articles (other than shampoo, lotion and similar products) will be retained for a period of 30 days. It is the responsibility of the guest to contact us and make arrangements for their return. The cost of shipping is the responsibility of the guest. After 30 days, items of value will be donated to the Salvation Army. Items of clothing that have little or no value will be discarded. Shampoos, lotions, and similar items left will be discarded. Computer and cell-phone-related equipment, like charging cords, will be retained for 30 days.
- A two-night stay that includes a Friday and a Saturday is required on weekends May through the end of October. Take advantage of our 10% discount for a 3 night stay by adding a Thursday or Sunday night to your stay.
- Room rates and policies are subject to change without notice.
- We accomodate no more than two people per room, no exceptions.
- Check in is available between 4-6 PM. Early check in, luggage drop-off and access to the property are NOT available prior to 4 PM. It is most convenient for our main house guests, and respectful of our neighbors if our guests parktheir cars on our side of the street in front of our house while you go biking, shopping or to the theatre prior to check-in. We appreciate your assistance in letting us proceed with thorough cleaning, gardening, book-keeping, shopping, and other related chores without interruption until check-in time. At that time we will be able to give you our full attention and a complete orientation to our home and your room, and assist you with making dining, theatre, and activity plans for your stay. LATE CHECK-IN after 7 PM must be discussed ahead of time with us, so that we can ensure we are available. Please telephone us (or e-mail us) if you are going to be later than 4-6 PM.
- Check-out is by 11 AM. A fee may be charged for late check-out.
- The Habberstad House is smoke-free. There is no smoking, and no burning of candles or incense indoors. Ash trays are available for outdoor use upon request.
- Children 12 and over are welcome, but please note that our rooms only accommodate 2 people.
- Sorry, no pet guests are allowed under any circumstances other than approved service dogs.
- The back patio, located between our Carriage House and our back door, is private, for our use, only. We ask that our guests respect our privacy. We will serve breakfast to our Carriage House guests in that space if the weather permits.
- The Habberstad House bans hand guns on the property.
- The Habberstad House reserves the right to expel guests who are disruptive or destructive, without refund of room rent.
- A rental discount of 10% is available for a 3 night or longer stay in the same room, and for mid-week November through April, Sundays through Thursdays.
- Confirmations are sent via e-mail (preferred) or by mail if no e-mail is available. If you use our Webervations server to put through an on-line reservation request, you will receive and automated response followed by a more personalized e-mail showing your reservation details and costs, from our e-mail address of firstname.lastname@example.org. Please read the information you receive to confirm that it is correct, and let us know if you have any special needs or wish to have dinner, theatre, massage, Amish Tour, kayak/canoe/bike rental reservations made by us.
Payment, Cancellations and Changes to Reservations
- The one difficult thing about our business is dealing with late cancellations, which affect us and our guests greatly. We have a full 7 day cancellation/change of date policy for up to two rooms being rented. Three and four room rentals require a full 14 day cancellation/change of date notice. Whole house rentals (5 rooms or more) have a full 30 day cancellation/change of date requirement, and include a non-refundable deposit of $100.00 that will be applied towards the rental. Late changes or cancellation will result in a full charge with no exceptions, unless we are able to rent your room to another party. We do not reschedule your stay for another date with a late cancellation; nor do we issue a credit or gift certificate towards a future stay. We suggest that guests think carefully about the date(s) and be sure about plans before making a reservation. If a late cancellation is needed, we suggest you identify another person (relative or friend) to stay in your place.
- Cancellation should be done by phoning us at 507-467-3560 or sending us an e-mail at habrstad@acegroup. cc. All cancelation/change notifications must have been received by us to be considered valid. A cancellation is not considered valid unless it has been received and acknowledged by us with a return e-mail and/or a return phone call.
- The same cancellation/change of date policies apply to guests using a gift certificate or gift card. The full room rental and taxes will be charged to your credit card.
- For cancellations/change of dates made with more than the full required notice period, the reservation will be entirely cancelled, and no charge or fees will be made to the credit card.
- Gift certificates issued prior to June 6, 2007, expire after one year. There are no extensions available for these certificates. Any amount left over on a gift certificate balance will be credited towards a future stay to be used within one calendar year of the original stay - this credit is NOT transferable to another party. There are no extensions available for expired Gift Certificates that were donated by the Habberstad House for charitable or fund-raising purposes.
- Effective January 1, 2012, we will no longer accept Bed and Breakfast.com or Minnesota Bed and Breakfast Association gift certicates/gift cards. If you make a reservation and stay with us without notifying us in advance that you want to use one of these gift cards, and then present them at check-in or check-out, you will be responsible for the full cost of your stay in cash or by credit card.
- Visa, Discover or Master Card credit card information will be obtained when you are making a reservation. Your card will not be charged for your stay until you check in, at which time we will swipe your card through our machine. Payment in the form of traveler’s checks, personal checks or cash will also be accepted for the balance due.
- Cancellation policies are reviewed either verbally with the guest at the time the reservation is made by telephone, or in the process of making a reservation online, or via e-mail in the confirmation letter. It can also be viewed here on our website. Guests who secure a reservation accept the terms of the policies.
- A 10.375% combination of Minnesota sales tax, Lanesboro city tax and Lanesboro lodging tax are added to your bill.
- All rooms accommodate only 2 people, and room rates are based on double occupancy. We DO NOT ACCEPT MORE THAN 2 GUESTS PER ROOM.A service fee is charged for guest use of kitchen area or dining area for meals other than breakfast; in addition, a service fee may be charged for guest use of common areas for meetings or parties.
- Since there is a king sized bed in that room that should reasonably accommodate 2 guests, a service fee of $5.00 per day is charged for use of the sofa bed in the Carriage House when rented to a party of only 2 people.
- A fee of $5.00 per additional person per day will be charged to the Carriage House bill when members of a group staying in the main house requests to join the Carriage House guests for breakfast. These arrangements must be cleared with us in advance.
- A fee may be charged for any damage to or loss of Habberstad House property.